Fujitsu Artificial Intelligence Technologies
Fujitsu Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology is the new engine powering the discovery revolution
From rapid drug development to fraud detection and sustainable business – lay the right technology foundations with Fujitsu Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Artificial Intelligence (AI) enhances human capability and is one of the most powerful engines in the new discovery revolution.
AI-enabled technologies are transforming science, identifying opportunities to enhance sustainability, automating and amplifying human capabilities, eliminating repetitive and mundane tasks, enabling accurate, unbiased decision-making, reducing time to market, and generating additional revenue streams. Additionally, AI can greatly aid decision-making by finding causality for new discoveries, in areas such as genomic medicine, materials development, and fraud detection.
On the other hand, people remain fundamental to AI. We need a continuous feedback loop with human creativity to set appropriate challenges in the first place, recognize when new insights are available and whether they are valuable.
Fujitsu AI Technologies for Sustainability Transformation
Fujitsu helps customers to recognize how AI can transform their business and the wider society. We understand how to lay the right technology foundations to kickstart AI transformation in your organization that is customized to meet your needs now and into the future.
For example, documents often contain invaluable information that remains hidden and wasted due to the time and cost of retrieval and putting into context. Leveraging the AI building blocks of natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning, AI Document Processing provides everything needed to extract, process, and structure data from unstructured documents for better business insight.
For organizations looking to gain actionable insight and value from their visual data, we have developed Fujitsu Computer Vision – a suite of end-to-end modular image recognition solutions. In manufacturing, Fujitsu Computer Vision is translating into higher quality products by detecting defects on the production line. And we are helping improve safety by identifying threats in public spaces.
Major areas of AI application
- Image processing: object recognition, object detection, person recognition, vehicle recognition, similar image retrieval, behavior analysis, super-resolution, facial expression recognition, image abnormality detection, congestion detection, handwriting character recognition
- Speech and sound processing: speech clarification, speaker identification, speech display order optimization, environmental sound recognition
- Natural language processing: document translation, semantic search, chatbots, FAQ search, abstract, candidate selection, sentence classification, unique name extraction, location estimation
- Numeric processing and others: predictive analysis, data abnormality detection, anomaly detection, failure prediction detection, time series data analysis, matching, and recommendations
The scope for AI to improve processes, reduce costs, enhance efficiencies, and play a key role in Sustainability Transformation is endless.
AI development – the road ahead
What’s coming next is a mix of ethical and technological advances.
On the ethical side, AI needs to be trusted more by people. This involves embracing fairness, accountability and transparency. Towards this end, Fujitsu is working on eXplainable AI (XAI).
Explainable graph AI ‘Deep Tensor’ technology, in contrast with the usual "black box" approach in machine learning, allows humans to understand the reasons behind ML recommendations, ultimately increasing confidence and adoption of services.
Fujitsu is also working on AutoML to automatically generate production-ready ML Code for structured data. AutoML, helps create high-quality ML models quickly with less data and limited resources. This will accelerate the ability of organizations to bring AI into production and provide new opportunities for using AI to solve problems afflicting business and society.
Partner with Fujitsu to convert AI PoCs into business value faster and more reliably
Customers know AI adoption is key to differentiation, but AI projects often stay stuck in pilots without clear results.
- Fujitsu is one of the few vendors capable of deploying end-to-end AI solutions, working with customers to convert AI PoCs into business value faster and more reliably.
- Fujitsu understands the necessity of explainable and human-centric AI.
- Fujitsu is a founding member of AI4People, the first multi-stakeholder forum on AI ethics, where we have set out an AI commitment, and why we continue to work on the practical application of ethical AI to eliminate bias and discrimination.
Fujitsu is the AI partner that combines the latest technological advances, the business insight needed to release value, and the human-centric vision necessary to build AI models that continue to be acceptable to society.